Friday, January 6, 2017

Journal 1-6-17

Christmas Day rain!
   Our Christmas celebrations were very laid back & simple this year. We attended our church's Christmas Eve Service. And on Christmas day My Grandparents joined us for dinner. Instead of a white Christmas we had a wet and rainy one! (Some thunder too!) All very odd for December 25th in Minnesota! I was tempted to go puddle jumping! But I refrained myself from such frivolities as I had guests to entertain!😉 

Holly and I made this Gingerbread 
house one December afternoon!


















































Nativity from my Great great Grandparents.
   I spent most of my "Christmas vacation" feeling very ill! (Thus my quiet blog over the holidays.) 😔 I am thankfully doing much better now! It feels great to be able to think coherent thoughts again! In all of my life I strive to have a heart to learn. One thing I learned/observed in myself while I was under-the-weather was... I say a lot of worthless things! When I lost my voice I found that it was normally a good thing that I wasn't able to say the things that I was thinking!  Now that I have my voice back I am challenged to be more mindful of the words of my mouth! Just because I have the ability to speak doesn't mean I should speak! I am reminded of the verse in Colossians 4:6 "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." 
 

   I am growing a new appreciation for the winter months. Though I am still not in love with the freezing cold... I do enjoy having more time to devote to homemaking! More   time to clean, organize, decorate & bake! Yesterday I started cleaning out our guest room/sewing room, which for the last several months has been the catch-all room! (If we didn't know where something went, it went to that room!) As most of my organizing projects go, I soon was cleaning out a completely different area of the house from where I had started. Because while cleaning place #1 I ran across something that should go to place #2 and that is were I stayed for the remainder of the day! Thus our office got a purging instead! Accomplishing something -yes- just not exactly what I had planned on accomplishing in the beginning! So it is off to the guest room again today! I love organizing... so I am excited! 😁 

Holly's Christmas Village

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I would love to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below!