Saturday, April 29, 2017

Sunrises

   The beauty of the rising sun is one of my favorite things! And though a digital picture can never truly capture the full glory of the morning sky... I still often find myself grabbing for the camera in hopes that today will be different, that today the mirrored image will somehow be able to reflect the real-life beauty dawning before me! And so my camera card fills up with sunrises... May the splendor of these pictures brighten your day! 
   One morning a few winters back, I purposely woke before the sun was up and went snow-shoeing out onto the snow laden field and just waited for the sun to rise... Eyes on the horizon...the moment I saw the first gleam of the sun, is burned into my mind as one of the most breathtaking moments of beauty I have ever beheld! 

Do you have a favorite... sunrises or sunsets? I have always been partial to sunrises!   
 
From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same  
the LORD’S name is to be praised. ~Psalms 113:3

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Noelle! You asked what our favorites are... I'm more partial to sunsets but I think that's because of not being a morning person. And, California will tend to have more colorful sunsets than sunrises. But maybe that's a skewed fact since I don't witness all of California's sunrises (i.e. I'm asleep). Your photos make me want to give sunrises a second chance though! I love the misty beauty in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      YES, you should give sunrises another chance! :) That's interesting that CA tends to have more colorful sunsets than sunrises, I think MN is the other way around!

      Delete

Now I would love to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below!