Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Winter Days

Gone is the brown and drab of yesterday... Thousands of snowflakes now dancing down from the sky, lacing the evergreens and everything in white beauty & splendor!
Outside this winter we've had snow and rain and mud and ice, sunshine and clouds and fog, drabness and beauty, warm (40 degree days!) and cold and colder and coldest (Windchill -50!). But inside our home we've had...
Puzzles that take days to complete...  
Homemade soup, cornbread and candle light!
Long Monopoly games!
Fresh fruit for breakfast! (Sunshine in a bowl!)
Tea in my favorite mug! (It's a hug-a-mug, handmade pottery!) 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping over from Laura's Harvest Lane Cottage.
    How nice you've started a lovely blog.
    I hope you enjoy it thoroughly.
    I have had mine since 2010, it is sporadic for me.
    I enjoy reading other ladies blogs more than writing mine.
    I don't leave my posts very long, although I have written several hundred of them.
    You set a lovely table, I have never seen a candle or holder like that.
    The place mats are beautiful as well as your runner.
    Just wanted to say hello, I hope you enjoy your blog very much!
    Blessings! Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you stopped by my little blog and took the time to leave such a sweet comment! I am enjoying blogging so far! It definitively becomes more & more delightful, as I hear from those that visit!

      My table doesn't always look that lovely. :) But I do enjoy setting a pretty table, when I take the time to do it!

      The candle/candle-holder is called a "candle by the hour", also known as a "courting candle" in centuries past. One inch burns for about 20 minutes. Before you light it, just pull up the length of candle according to the length of time you want it to burn! When the exposed candle is burnt, the flame goes out! If you are interested in more History on it, google is very informative! :) You can purchase it and similar designs on amazon!

      Thanks again for stopping by! I would be glad to have you visit here anytime!

      Blessings, Noelle

      Delete

Now I would love to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below!