Friday, December 1, 2017

November-A Whirlwind Part 1

   November was a whirlwind of travel, family, friends, joy, hope and sorrow.

   
   The month started out with a 5-day trip to the Mayo Clinic with Grandpa and Grandma Z. for Grandpa's hip replacement surgery. Even though hospitals and cities can be stressful and aren't my favorite things... it was a special time with Grandpa & Grandma! We had many sweet conversations and laughs along the way that I will remember and cherish for a long time to come.

   
   While we were away, I was able to have some much needed quiet time at Starbucks... I was tired out and hungry for some time with Jesus. But even though I was worn-out and a bit stressed... I couldn't have felt more peace, as I sat there and pondered the sweetness of KNOWING I needed Jesus, in that moment and in that place. Of course the truth is that we always need Him, but we are not always conscious of it. I love knowing I need Jesus. I love that Jesus says "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)  I love that when my strength is gone, I have more strength than I could ever need in Jesus Christ! And it is truly by His strength alone that I walked through the following days and weeks...
   
   I returned home with just enough time to unpack, celebrate my birthday and pack again! This time I was headed to a retreat in Georgia... But before I could go... I had to do one more thing, I had to say good-bye to my Grandpa M. who was undoubtedly in his last days here on earth. I never did muster up the courage to say the words good-bye... 2 words that had never held so much weight... because this time they meant that there wouldn't be a hello again here on earth.

Grandpa & Grandma M. and Me at an Aloe Vera farm in Southern Texas - March 2013

   Grandpa M. passed away on Sunday, November 12th at the age of 88. I feel incredibly blessed to have had Him as my Grandpa. 

To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I would love to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below!